Spotlight on Aluminium Perforated Metal
Aluminium perforated metal is one of our best-sellers at Arrow Metal. Let’s take a look at why aluminium is one of the top metals to perforate, some of its key advantages and some project inspiration if you’re planning to use the metal for your upcoming architectural projects:
Advantages of aluminium perforated metal
Aluminium is a metal that makes even the most amazing and intricate architectural perforations possible.
It’s the perfect metal for perforation because its unique properties aren’t compromised by punching, no matter how delicate the design.
Benefits of aluminium include:
- Strength: Aluminium is a lightweight metal but when mixed with other alloys aluminium is in fact as strong as steel – but only weighs around a third of a piece of steel that is the same size and shape, according to the Australian Aluminium Council.
- Flexibility: Aluminium is flexible and can easily be formed into different shapes without breaking, making it a great choice for perforated panels that require a bending or folding design.
- Durability: Aluminium is weather resistant, corrosive resistant and isn’t affected by temperature fluctuations. It forms a unique protective aluminium oxide layer when exposed to oxygen that will repair itself if scratched.
- Finish: You can easily apply different finish effects to aluminium, including colours and additional durability, through a powder-coating process.
- Environmentally-friendly: If sustainability is a key project consideration, there’s nothing greener than aluminium. It’s 100% recyclable and can be recycled endlessly. The Australia Aluminium Council estimates that around two-thirds of the aluminium ever produced is still in use today and almost all aluminium used in construction is recycled.
Aluminium perforated metal projects by Arrow Metal
Harris Park station
The geometric pattern specified for Harris Park Station’s new footbridge made aluminium the perfect choice for this project. A combination of hexagons and diamonds with custom tooled shapes, we precision perforated individual panels of 3mm aluminium sheet to create the footbridge cladding, delivering the panels within the project’s timescales and budget.
We supplied over 100 perforated aluminium panels for the creation of Gosford Hospital’s new staff walkway. Each 3mm panel was perforated in pattern 244, a cost-effective, stylish profile with a 51% open area for good air flow and visibility. Each panel was powder coated for added durability because of the building’s location near the coast.
University of Newcastle NeW space
Aluminium’s flexibility and weather resistant properties made the metal ideal for the indoor/outdoor learning capsules of the University of Newcastle’s NeW Space educational precinct.
An area known for its windy conditions, the perforation pattern and choice of metal ensured maximum wind resistance and student comfort. We individually perforated over 400 panels of 3mm aluminium to create the unique learning booths, with many one-off in manufacture due to the required shapes and sizes.
Aluminium perforated metal in-stock now
We have aluminium perforated metal in-stock now for immediate delivery, in a wide range of popular profiles and perforation patterns. Or we can custom create aluminium perforated metal panels in any design. Talk to our team to explore your options – call us on (02) 9748 2200 or send us an online enquiry.
Posted: March 23, 2020