A step up for interiors: Top metal staircase designs
Industrial yet contemporary in design, a perforated metal staircase is a great way to elevate interior style. Utilising the strength of metal and the openness of the perforated pattern, staircase spaces go from practical to light and airy architectural focal features.
Here are some of the best and most inspirational perforated metal and wire metal staircase designs in the world:
1. A modern house in Stockholm
This staircase handrail made from woven metal mesh adds an industrial touch to this modern minimalist space.
Source: La Maison d’Anna G
2. Lesley Chang and Jason Klimoski’s Light-Filled Chelsea Loft
This contemporary monochrome staircase combines a black steel underside with a perforated white metal handrail, with warmth and richness added to the stark scheme using natural wooden stairs.
Source: The Cut
3. The Shoreland, Chicago by Studio Gang
This grand gold perforated metal staircase brings warmth and opulence to the historic Shoreland Hotel in Chicago.
Source: Studio Gang
4. Starkly simple, this contrasting white handrail combined with dark stairs makes for a modern, sophisticated perforated metal staircase.
Source: Planete Deco
5. 208 Duocento Otto, Hong Kong, designed by Autoban
East meets west on this sublime staircase. The illustrated Oriental walls contrast beautifully with the industrial style stairs for a unique look that merges two distinctive design influences.
Source: The DPages
6. Kids’ Museum of Glass, Shanghai, China by Coordination Asia
You can’t miss this bright sunny staircase at the Kids’ Museum of Glass in Shanghai. The yellow perforated metal stair guards add a colourful engaging touch to this playful space.
Source: Arch Daily
7. This hanging staircase is the perfect contrast of perforated metal against bare brick for a simplistic yet superbly stylish stairway.
8. Visual Arts Building, University of IOWA, USA.
Designed by renowned architect Steven Hall, the perforated metal staircase guard at the Visual Arts Building at the University of Iowa is an extension of the overall porous design of the whole building where light filtration is a key design element.
Source: Steven Holl Architects
9. Creuse House by M Architecture
The white perforated metal staircase guard not only allows light to filter into the lounge room in this house, it also cleverly makes the stairs look like they are draped from the ceiling.
Source: Daily Icon
Posted: January 31, 2017